Activities & Events
The LYC social program includes the following activities:
- Monthly barbecue and pot-luck, which is normally held the first Friday evening of each month. Check our Event Calendar to confirm the actual date. Please bring something to barbecue and something to share (eg. appies, veggies, salad or dessert and your own refreshments). You can arrive as early as you like – the barbecues are fired-up around sixish.
- The Annual Commodore’s Ball, which is usually held each November. This is a great opportunity for a wonderful night of dining, dancing and enjoying the company of fellow members. It should not be missed.
- Special occasions such as a January Robbie Burns celebration and a March Saint Paddy’s night provide the opportunity for a most enjoyable evening at the LYC clubhouse.
- Member Club Cruises, are scheduled in advance and posted on our website Calendar.
- Our club opening day is held on the first Sunday of May each year. It’s an opportunity to get your boat clean and ship-shape, dress it with plenty of signal flags, get yourself dressed in your nattiest yachting gear (if you like), and sail around the harbour to salute the commodore. The sail-past is followed by festivities in the club house. Our Reciprocal Docks are closed to visitors the day prior and during this event.